Spooks Forum
Video-Editing Software - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Video-Editing Software (/thread-255.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Video-Editing Software - Akira - 05-12-2009 10:19 PM

Hey, I work in post production, I can't help but answer threads about video editing Tongue

RE: Video-Editing Software - almh - 06-12-2009 10:19 AM

I'm not complaining Tongue

RE: Video-Editing Software - Moonlight - 29-12-2009 08:13 PM

Does anyone know how to capture stills from video? And can you only do this if you have the original item downloaded or on cd? ta!

RE: Video-Editing Software - almh - 29-12-2009 08:18 PM

What type of computer do you have? I have a mac so I get screencaptures by using Preview, but it doesn't work when dvd player is open, so I have to do it from videos downloaded onto my computer, or from youtube.

RE: Video-Editing Software - whufan - 29-12-2009 09:36 PM

I also have a Mac. I use SnapnDrag if I want large caps and have time to be particular. Using this you can cap from DVD, YouTube, iPlayer, iTunes etc. However, if I want to do a whole DVD I play the DVD using VLC and set it to capture every 30 seconds but the caps aren't very big. I understand from PC users that KM Player is very good at capping from DVD.

RE: Video-Editing Software - almh - 29-12-2009 09:39 PM

Is SnapnDrag a piece of software you download from the internet?

RE: Video-Editing Software - whufan - 29-12-2009 10:16 PM

yes - snapndrag

RE: Video-Editing Software - Moonlight - 29-12-2009 10:35 PM

whoops, I have Windows XP, so maybe it doesnt work on that, will check out the other one suggested by WHUfan; loving your banner btw! Thanks for the suggestions!
hermm. have downloaded it, but cant figure out how it works lol.. will try to find instructions later on the net. Hope it does off more than just dvds, would like to be able to cap off the net as well..

RE: Video-Editing Software - Nitrus - 29-12-2009 11:49 PM

What's wrong with pausing and pressing the print screen button? Then copy into Paint and resize?

RE: Video-Editing Software - Moonlight - 30-12-2009 12:05 AM

(29-12-2009 11:49 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  What's wrong with pausing and pressing the print screen button? Then copy into Paint and resize?

Nothing at all.. I just never knew you could do that!! thanks for the tip.. I'm still catching up.. the first computer I lay my hands on was a ZXSpectrum lol Tongue