Spooks Forum
Video-Editing Software - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Video-Editing Software (/thread-255.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Video-Editing Software - Nitrus - 30-12-2009 12:07 AM

Lol, ok, well do that! Big Grin

RE: Video-Editing Software - Beatriz - 30-12-2009 12:20 AM

I tried that, Nitrus, and it doesn't work, the image appears black, don't know why...

I have Media Classic Player, Moonlight, and the only thing you have to do is press ALT+I and you have a screen capture

RE: Video-Editing Software - Nitrus - 30-12-2009 12:26 AM

It works fine, I just did it with the attached image.

RE: Video-Editing Software - Moonlight - 30-12-2009 12:43 AM

for all other luddites like me who hadnt figured that the print screen button is on their keyboard.. (please dont laugh...) I bring you the following..lol which seems to work fine and dandy, as Nitrus said, on anything!

idiots guide to screen caps..

RE: Video-Editing Software - Beatriz - 30-12-2009 12:44 AM

Perhaps it's my pc... but I do tried several times and nothing...

RE: Video-Editing Software - whufan - 30-12-2009 07:34 AM

I still highly recommend getting to know how to use KMPlayer - it is what a lot of PC users use and is highly versatile. Having said that, if you can stomach the BBC3 ident Lady Meander/Nancherrow has done the caps for all the eps of series 8 - using KmPlayer!

RE: Video-Editing Software - Kirayuki - 31-12-2009 02:03 AM

I don't know why the black screen thing happens sometimes.
My computer will mostly do it okay, but the PC's at college will always black screen which is a pain when you need to cap your work for printing. Thcussing

But yeh, there are plenty of ways to do it. Being a Sonyvegas user (at home) for my vids, if i want to cap something from a file i have then i can use that if it doesn't work the usual PrtScrn way.
I also watch things via VLC so i can snapshot from there too Big Grin

RE: Video-Editing Software - whufan - 09-01-2010 08:45 AM

Thcussing my with Mac. I need some help from you Mac techy people. For one reason and another I've been unable to cap episode 6 which of course has a substantial amount of the Home Secretary so this morning I decided I'd sit down and do it. I set up VLC to cap the whole DVD and then VLC crashed every time I clicked play. Tried another disc and it crashed that too. I downloaded an update and that didn't make any difference. So I thought I'd cap the ep in slow torture mode using SnapNDrag but all I get is a grey cap, no image whatsoever - although I can cap a window from a movie playing in iTunes or just a screenshot. So what's gone wrong? If anyone has any ideas I'd be really grateful.

RE: Video-Editing Software - Nitrus - 09-01-2010 10:29 AM

Sorry, I don't have any experience troubleshooting Macs. Try re-installing VLC though.

RE: Video-Editing Software - Tea Lady - 09-01-2010 02:39 PM

Thanks Moonlight; that idiots guide worked for me. I am now pasting and croping like mad ! Wink