Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Episode 1 Discussion
06-11-2009, 08:22 PM
RE: Episode 1 Discussion
Yeah, JHyde, something along those lines I can see. We'll know in a few hours!

I vote for the kid to go back to sunny climes, it would just make things really awkward. And also, how will Ruth be able to come back to the GGrid and work the hours they do as a single parent?

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Agreed totally Silktie! I can't wee Ruth with a child and working endless hours on the Grid.

In the end, Ruth will have to admit Harry acted well, but this will take much more...

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
06-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Yeah - I don't know if she even would go back to the Grid if she had to look after him - I think she'd be too worried about his safety.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
06-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Sorry, forgot to explain "catch-22". It's a phrase meaning there is really no good option left to a person, no matter what they choose to do they will be screwed.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
06-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Oh, right. Sorry, I had to ask though - other people mentioned in somewhere and I had no idea what they were talking about!

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
06-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Yeah, I amended my earlier post to explain it, but I think you guys were already on page 11!

20 mins to go over there! Which hopefully means I get to see it in a few hours. Almh, go make nice with your mother so she still tapes it for you Smile
06-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Ooooh, good point! -scurries downstairs-

06-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Re Harry and Ruth -- I agree, JHyde. Harry will say something in the vein you outline but it will be short of an actual apology. And truly, he can't apologize -- he did what was right. Additionally, would we really believe that the character Harry Pearce would apologize for doing what was clearly his duty? I don't think so.

Harry is Harry (and Ruth is still Ruth). Even though we might have wanted ep 1 to end with them rolling in the sack, or at least having dinner together, that doesn't ring true for either character. They're relationship was difficult (tortured?) to begin with -- it can't get better without some intentional character development/arc on the part of the writers or it will just be expedience. And I would hate to see Spooks bow to standard TV formulas.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
07-11-2009, 02:47 PM
I can't say anything clever or witty about this episode as I've only watched it half a dozen times....

all I can say is.....[Image: bouncydragon.gif]

[Image: spooks901mini.jpg]
07-11-2009, 03:05 PM
(07-11-2009 02:47 PM)Lucasfan Wrote:  I can't say anything clever or witty about this episode as I've only watched it half a dozen times....

all I can say is.....[Image: bouncydragon.gif]

LOL