Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
24-10-2011, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: 24-10-2011 09:49 AM by yorkshiretyke.)
Harry RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
I decided to sleep/think before I came and posted my opinions...

While I am gutted at the fact that Ruth has died, I have to say, for me, last nights episode was brilliant...we had twists, double crossing, declarations..I thought I would come out the other side crying my heart out, I didnt..I actually thought job well done.

The good bits - Ilya being totally innocent, while I guessed Elena was a baddie I thought he would be too. The HS, so funny! Ruth and Harry say no more. I even liked the last few scenes when harry was grieving/falling apart as they tied the 10 years together. Going to the house; seeing what he could of had. The wall; that scene was vital as it tied all the characters over the last 10 years and said we/he hasen't forgotten them, tragic but essential. Tom; it was fleeting but it told us he was out there working and intouch with Harry. Finally back in the office; this is where SHP belongs, we need him him there.

Not so good...would the CIA nip through a wood on the way to the airport haha. What happened to Harry's beaten face? What was with the milk? the black coat? Ruth dying, while I have stated above the need for the grieving process so we the audiance could see the past characters, there is no reason that H&R couldn't have done those scenes together to say goodbye to Tarik/Erin. Plus we were told that the last episode would tie up all the ends so that we know spooks is over, it did not, if anything it made me hopeful for more..bring back Spooks!

Finally, I can understand why people are gutted over this ending, (I dont believe everyone doesn't secretly enjoy a happy ending) but for me this series was fantastic and felt like the start of Spooks rather than the end (possibly why people are upset)..I for one will not be cancelling my DVD order..

Long live Spooks....and fanfiction!

p.s the person Happyending, shame on you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - JHyde - 23-10-2011, 01:29 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - yorkshiretyke - 24-10-2011 09:48 AM