Poll: Did you like Season 8?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] How Did You Rate Season 8?
24-01-2010, 12:13 AM
Zaf RE: [spoilers] How Did You Rate Season 8?
Overall, IMO series 8 was no where near Spooks at its best.

Series 8 Spooks was too much like 24 - too much action, not enough plausibility. I would like to see more undercover, politically driven intrigue and less bombs and action fights. Thats more like what the real MI5 do.

I suppose in hindsight I didn't like Series 8 as out of all the characters I like Lucas, Jo, Malcolm and Tariq the best. Not really into Harry/ Ruth or Ros - so for me I there wasn't really a lot in series 8 character wise because Malcolm and Jo were gone early on, and I couldn't stand what they did with Lucas' character (horrible relationship with SC). Tariq is sweet but didn't feature much and his arriving didn't really make up for Malcolm and Jo departing.

Also plot wise Series 8 wasn't as fresh or plausible as previous series - I esp noticed this in ep 3 which was like a repeat of previous hostage eps in previous series. Also the Lucas/ Sarah relationship was not original.

Also I think all the action and plot related scenes have left virtually no time for character interaction so consequently I find myself caring less and less about the characters and my motivation to watch series 9 is flagging - what happening to the focus on officers personal lives in seasons 1 -4? - its virtually disappeared and now they are only there as action heroes - so Hollywood and so BORING.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] How Did You Rate Season 8? - allanah - 24-01-2010 12:13 AM