Poll: Did you like Season 8?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[spoilers] How Did You Rate Season 8?
23-02-2010, 09:22 PM
RE: [spoilers] How Did You Rate Season 8?
I really enjoyed series 8. The things that are seen as the series flaws [shakeycam, too much action, etc] I see as a point that's trying to be made. It must be about the first time that they're up against an enemy they know absolutely nothing about. It's frightening, which seems to be visually expressed with they choppiness of the scenes or the camera work. I love when cinematography or music is used to drive these themes home. My favorite example of this is the set of Lucas' flat [different than that used previously], the exposed pipes and wiring, the bars on the windows, the concrete floors, etc are all reminiscent of a prison cell. Fascinating, I think, that this character's character is explained by everything but himself, as if he's not conscious of it.

I have to say, this series was the first in which I actually liked Ros' character. In the previous series, she annoyed me to no end and I really can't pinpoint why. I absolutely DESPISE Sarah Caulfield. She was just HORRIBLE. Not to mention her acting certainly left something to be desired. [it's the accent, really, one can't go from a Southern American accent to a sad, sad attempt at a Bostonian accent within a few episodes and expect the viewer not to notice.] Her admission of "love" rather freaked me out, to be quite honest.

And, as always, Spooks has to be the master of cliffhangers. The ending of the series was so abrupt, left no time to digest what happened. I loved it! :]

"do not underestimate them. they are many things but above all they are poets, for whom love and hate are worth dying for."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] How Did You Rate Season 8? - phoenix - 23-02-2010 09:22 PM