Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ros just keeps getting better
19-08-2009, 09:12 PM
zzShocked Ros just keeps getting better
Stuck for a whole week without my Spooks DVDs (AHH!) has made me think more about Ros this series. I just LOVE her character. Yes, she's cold etc. etc. I've heard all that before. I've always been a Ros fan and a huge Ros/Adam shipper but this series just made me love her either more. Nothing seemed to get in her way, she took everything in her stride and I think she made a great replacement for Adam and I really like this new strong friendship thing she has going with Harry Big Grin

[Image: series5_ep10.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2009, 11:40 AM
RE: Ros just keeps getting better
Initially I didn't like Ros, however over Series 6 and 7 I began to admire the acting from Hermoine Norris and her sheer ruthlessness and came to appreciate Ros. The stare she had perfected was just initimidating. Some of the scenes between her and Harry have been priceless.
30-08-2009, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2009 11:29 PM by rednailpolish.)
I love Ros!!! I think she is one of the most interesting character, first of all because Hermione Norris is an incredible actress!!!! But also but her personality is quite complex.
She is this cold woman always in control of herself, never loosing her calm... And then, when she's facing death like when they're drowning with Adam, or when Adam almost gets killed by Anna, she gets completely hysterical, proving that she is very sensitive when it comes to death or loosing the ones she loved. Like after Adam's death when she breaks everything in her room, she is incredible in that scene, when she gets back in control,you can feel how angry that girl is (mind you, with a father like hers, who wouldn't be?) and how she keep it all inside most of the time.
I loved the fact that she remains in control most of the time for the rest of the season after Adam's death (she barely flinched when she had to have sex with that asshole) because i felt it was so representative of the way she deals with things, the guy she loved died, and then the stuff happening after that can't get worse than this so no need to panic. Then again no one injected her with some killing poison this season!
I am not gonna start explaining how much I loved her relationship with Adam cause I won't be able to stop but the way it softened her was truly great and I always thought that despite the difficulties they were facing like "hey, you have to faked your death!" they were great for each other. It was always implied that his relationship with Ros was what helped him getting over his depression between season 5 and 6. And despite the fact that she kept saying it wouldn't worked out between them, Ros was obviously in love with him and being who she is, probably terrified at the idea of caring for someone else than herself and letting him in.
ok, i am gonna stop writing now!
30-08-2009, 05:43 PM
wow, couldn't have put it better myself, bravo! Tongue

[Image: series5_ep10.jpg]
30-08-2009, 06:53 PM
lol,thanks, Ros and Adam have that effect on me! ♥Faves♥!
31-08-2009, 05:54 PM
I just finished watching season 5 and Ros was so brilliant!! Still is, but I liked her "prickly" demeanor much more back then.

I miss Zaf and Danny!!!Undecided
02-09-2009, 03:35 PM
Didnt like her in the beginning but certainly like her character now!
06-09-2009, 12:03 AM
ROS is ruthless its as simple as that! She had a soft spot for Adam though... Poor Wes he's now a orphan!!
07-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Ros keeps getting better because she's given all the best storylines, as opposed to Jo. I'm not bitter though!! Rolleyes

Her character was a little iffy at the start of series 5 but once she chopped her hair and started to kick some ass in series 6, she was wonderful.
01-03-2010, 12:12 AM
I love Ros in season 7! (although I don't think I'd like to be stuck in an elevator with her). I love that she is unapologetically ruthless. Unlike many other tough female characters on TV, her toughness is admired, not scorned. She's a breath of fresh air on TV, that's for sure.

Fantragic fun - SpooksFanBlog.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user