Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Lucas and Elizaveta
05-01-2010, 12:21 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2010 08:00 AM by kirmostar.)
Lucas Lucas and Elizaveta
Just watched 7.1 - 7.4 and the interaction between RA and PB is simply beautiful. The look on his poor face in 7.4 when he kisses her on the head and says "God I've missed you" then she says she has to go and he's just looking after her with those blue eyes..........*melts* Heart

[Image: kirmosig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2010, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2010 12:33 PM by HellsBells.)
RE: Lucas and Elizaveta
Yes the chemistry is really there between these two. The scenes they share work incredibly well, I feel their relationship is completely believable. Do you think they were divorced before he was caught in Russia or did that happen while he was in prison ? I am not clear on that. Because wasn't it Kachimov that told Elisaveta where Lucas was (and presumably that he was a spy), so did she just assume that he'd walk out on her 8 years ago.

Edit: Hubby finally gone back to work then !

Lucas 8.4: It's all about trust, isn't Harry ?.
[Image: who-trust.png]
Signature by the brilliant TygerBright
05-01-2010, 01:06 PM
I agree, they had chemistry! I'd love to see her come back (but I don't think she will). It was well developed as far as we could watch... not much though...

It was Lucas' link to his old non-spooky life, I liked that, thanks to her, we could see Lucas' emotions.

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
05-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Hubby was at the gym.......Big Grin I think after Lucas was captured, after a couple of years Elizaveta assumed Lucas was dead so remarried. Some of the fan fic likes to think they separated before he was captured but I think it makes more sense if Elizavata got him certified dead while he was AWOL. In 7.2 when he sees her in the park with her son his face is just sadness, he hadn't been told she had remarried. And when they meet on the bench he sits down in shock, still can't believe she's not there for him when he thought about her all the time. Still not sure when Elizaveta discovered Lucas was MI5 - assuming Arcady Kacharpov (however you spell it) told Elizaveta that Lucas was FSB about a year before he was released and got Elizaveta to work for FSB in exchange for Lucas's release. And while they were married where did they live and what did she think he did? Assuming he was Lucas North to her he must have had a Russian identity too as interviews state he passed as a Russian native for years hence it was essential RA got the Russian dialogue spot on (which he did IMO) blah blah - these loose ends definitely need an episode of their own!

[Image: kirmosig.png]
05-01-2010, 03:04 PM
I wasn't really a fan of Elizabeta, but I did think it was pretty shoddy of Lucas not to tell her he was MI-5. I think when you're married to someone they should know those slightly important details. The fact that she then turned spy for the FSB is not the point, terrible though that was.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
05-01-2010, 03:08 PM
I agree, they did have chemsitry, you believe she was his wife and then his sadness, later resignation, when realized she had moved on.

I assumed she just thought he dissapeared, dead or not. If she never knew, I believe that at some point when Lucas decided he would marry her, even if he couldn't really tell her, he still had to be honest, so I think she must have known it was something secret and when he went 'missing' after some time she figured he wouldn't come back.

LNF Smile
05-01-2010, 03:59 PM
A lot of Lucas' relationship with Elizaveta was left to the imagination -- sometimes that works, and sometimes not. I don't think we'll see her again, as he made it clear that she was "off limits" to MI5.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
05-01-2010, 04:07 PM
She was a clever device for the writers to use in building Lucas as a character quickly, because it told us what we needed to know about the man. He doesn't always make the right choices, either in picking his partner or sharing the right information with the right people, but he is loyal to a fault. You really had the sense that she was a beacon of hope for him while in prison, that she was something to keep him sane in the darker moments.

05-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Yes, you tagged it -- the charcacter was used as a dramatic device so we could get to know Lucas quickly, without eps worth of exposition.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
05-01-2010, 04:15 PM
It worked brilliantly.
Spoiler: show
And what I said is really borne out by the events of season 8 too.